Article version: Enterprise Server 2.17
Managing the forking policy for your organization
You can can allow or prevent the forking of any private repositories owned by your organization.
Organization owners can manage the forking policy for an organization.
By default, new organizations are configured to disallow the forking of private repositories.
If you allow forking of private repositories at the organization level, you can also configure the ability to fork a specific private repository. For more information, see "Managing the forking policy for your repository."
- In the top right corner of GitHub Enterprise, click your profile photo, then click Your profile.
- On the left side of your profile page, under "Organizations", click the icon for your organization.
- Under your organization name, click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Member privileges.
- Under "Repository forking", select Allow forking of private repositories or Allow forking of private and internal repositories.
- Click Save.