An outside collaborator is a person who is not a member of your organization, but has access to one or more of your organization's repositories. You can choose the level of access to grant for each outside collaborator. When you add an outside collaborator to a repository, you'll also need to add them to any forks of the repository you'd like them to access.
Adding an outside collaborator to a private repository will use one of your paid licenses. For more information, see "About billing for your enterprise."
An organization owner can restrict the ability to invite collaborators. For more information, see "Setting permissions for adding outside collaborators."
- On your enterprise, navigate to the main page of the repository.
- Under your repository name, click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Collaborators & teams.
- Under "Collaborators", type the name of the person you'd like to give access to the repository, then click Add collaborator.
- Next to the new collaborator's name, use the drop-down menu and select the appropriate access level.