GitHub can help you to secure the repositories in your organization. You can manage the security and analysis features for all existing or new repositories that members create in your organization.
In the upper-right corner of GitHub AE, select your profile photo, then click Your organizations.
Next to the organization, click Settings.
In the "Security" section of the sidebar, click Code security and analysis.
The page that's displayed allows you to enable or disable all security and analysis features for the repositories in your organization.
The page will also contain options to enable and disable Advanced Security features. Any repositories that use GitHub Advanced Security are listed at the bottom of the page.
You can enable or disable features for all repositories.
Note: If you encounter an error that reads "GitHub Advanced Security cannot be enabled because of a policy setting for the organization," contact your enterprise admin and ask them to change the GitHub Advanced Security policy for your enterprise. For more information, see "Enforcing policies for code security and analysis for your enterprise."
Go to the security and analysis settings for your organization. For more information, see "Displaying the security and analysis settings."
Under "Code security and analysis", to the right of the feature, click Disable all or Enable all to display a confirmation dialog box.
Review the information in the dialog box.
Optionally, if you are enabling private vulnerability reporting, dependency graph, or Dependabot, select Enable by default for new repositories.
When you are ready to make the changes, click Disable FEATURE or Enable FEATURE to disable or enable the feature for all the repositories in your organization.
Optionally, in your feature's section of the security and analysis settings, select additional enablement settings. Additional enablement settings may include:
- Automatic enablement for a specific type of repository
- Feature-specific settings, such as recommending the extended query suite for code scanning default setup throughout your organization, or automatic secret validation for secret scanning
When you enable one or more security and analysis features for existing repositories, you will see any results displayed on GitHub within minutes:
- All the existing repositories will have the selected configuration.
- New repositories will follow the selected configuration if you've enabled the checkbox for new repositories.
- Go to the security and analysis settings for your organization. For more information, see "Displaying the security and analysis settings."
- Under "Code security and analysis", locate the feature, enable or disable the feature by default for new repositories in your organization.