Note: GitHub Packages is currently in beta for GitHub Enterprise Server 2.22. To join the beta for your GitHub Enterprise Server instance, use the sign-up form.
To prevent new packages from being uploaded, you can set an ecosystem you previously enabled to Read-Only, while still allowing existing packages to be downloaded.
To use GitHub Packages with Docker, you must have subdomain isolation enabled for your instance. For more information, see "Enabling subdomain isolation."
- From an administrative account on GitHub Enterprise Server, click in the upper-right corner of any page.
- In the left sidebar, click Management Console.
- In the left sidebar, click Packages.
- Under "Ecosystem Toggles", for each package type, select Enabled, Read-Only, or Disabled.
- Under the left sidebar, click Save settings.
- Wait for the configuration run to complete.
As a next step, we recommend you check if you need to update or upload a TLS certificate for your packages host URL. For more information, see "Getting started with GitHub Packages for your enterprise."