Push log entries show:
- Who initiated the push
- Whether it was a force push or not
- The branch someone pushed to
- The protocol used to push
- The originating IP address
- The Git client used to push
- The SHA hashes from before and after the operation
- Sign into GitHub Enterprise Server as a site administrator.
- Navigate to a repository.
- In the upper-right corner of the repository's page, click .
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Security.
- In the left sidebar, click Push Log.
- SSH into your GitHub Enterprise Server instance. For more information, see "Accessing the administrative shell (SSH)."
$ ssh -p 122 admin@HOSTNAME
- In the appropriate Git repository, open the audit log file:
ghe-repo owner/repository -c "less audit_log"