- On the Management Console settings page, in the left sidebar, click Monitoring.
- Select Enable log forwarding.
- In the Server address field, type the address of the server to which you want to forward logs. You can specify multiple addresses in a comma-separated list.
- In the Protocol drop-down menu, select the protocol to use to communicate with the log server. The protocol will apply to all specified log destinations.
- Select Enable TLS.
- Click Choose File and choose a CA certificate to encrypt communication between syslog endpoints. The entire certificate chain will be validated, and must terminate in a root certificate. For more information, see TLS options in the syslog-ng documentation.
This version of GitHub Enterprise was discontinued on 2021-09-23. No patch releases will be made, even for critical security issues. For better performance, improved security, and new features, upgrade to the latest version of GitHub Enterprise. For help with the upgrade, contact GitHub Enterprise support.
GitHub Enterprise Server uses
syslog-ng to forward system and application logs to the server you specify.