Types of GitHub accounts
Your user account is your identity on GitHub.com. Your user account can be a member of any number of organizations. Organizations can belong to enterprise accounts.
Finding ways to contribute to open source on GitHub
You can find ways to contribute to open source projects on GitHub.com that are relevant to you.
- Setting your username in Git
- Caching your GitHub credentials in Git
- Why is Git always asking for my password?
- Updating credentials from the macOS Keychain
- Git workflows
- About remote repositories
- Managing remote repositories
- Associating text editors with Git
- Configuring Git to handle line endings
- Ignoring files
- About Git
- Pushing commits to a remote repository
- Getting changes from a remote repository
- Dealing with non-fast-forward errors
- Splitting a subfolder out into a new repository
- About Git subtree merges
- About Git rebase
- Using Git rebase on the command line
- Resolving merge conflicts after a Git rebase
- Dealing with special characters in branch and tag names