You can choose whether members can create repositories in your organization. If you allow members to create repositories, you can choose which types of repositories members can create. For more information, see "About repository visibility."
Organization owners can always create any type of repository.
Site administrators can restrict the options you have available for your organization's repository creation policy. For more information, see "Restricting repository creation in your instance."
Warning: This setting only restricts the visibility options available when repositories are created and does not restrict the ability to change repository visibility at a later time. For more information about restricting changes to existing repositories' visibilities, see "Restricting repository visibility changes in your organization."
- In the top right corner of GitHub Enterprise, click your profile photo, then click Your profile.
- On the left side of your profile page, under "Organizations", click the icon for your organization.
- Under your organization name, click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Member privileges.
- Under "Repository creation", select a setting.
- Click Save.