You can choose whether members can create repositories in your organization. If you allow members to create repositories, you can choose which types of repositories members can create. To allow members to create private repositories only, your organization must use GitHub Enterprise Cloud. For more information, see "About repository visibility."
Organization owners can always create any type of repository.
Enterprise owners can restrict the options you have available for your organization's repository creation policy. For more information, see "Enforcing repository management policies in your enterprise account."
Note: Internal repositories are available for organizations that are part of an enterprise account. For more information, see "About repository visibility."
- In the top right corner of GitHub, click your profile photo, then click Your profile.
- On the left side of your profile page, under "Organizations", click the icon for your organization.
- Under your organization name, click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Member privileges.
- Under "Repository creation", select one or more options.
- Click Save.