Any log collection system that supports syslog-style log streams is supported (e.g., Logstash and Splunk).
Enabling log forwarding
- On the Management Console settings page, in the left sidebar, click Monitoring.
- Select Enable log forwarding.
- In the Server address field, type the address of the server to which you want to forward logs. You can specify multiple addresses in a comma-separated list.
- In the Protocol drop-down menu, select the protocol to use to communicate with the log server. The protocol will apply to all specified log destinations.
- Select Enable TLS.
- Click Choose File and choose a CA certificate to encrypt communication between syslog endpoints. The entire certificate chain will be validated, and must terminate in a root certificate. For more information, see TLS options in the syslog-ng documentation.
If you run into issues with log forwarding, contact GitHub Enterprise Support or GitHub Premium Support and attach the output file from
http(s)://[hostname]/setup/diagnostics to your email.