- From an administrative account on GitHub Enterprise Server, click in the upper-right corner of any page.
- In the left sidebar, click Management Console.
- In the left sidebar, click Privacy.
- Unselect Enable sign-up.
- Under the left sidebar, click Save settings.
- Wait for the configuration run to complete.
This version of GitHub Enterprise was discontinued on 2021-06-09. No patch releases will be made, even for critical security issues. For better performance, improved security, and new features, upgrade to the latest version of GitHub Enterprise. For help with the upgrade, contact GitHub Enterprise support.
Disabling unauthenticated sign-ups
If you're using built-in authentication, you can block unauthenticated people from being able to create an account.