- From an administrative account on GitHub Enterprise Server, click in the upper-right corner of any page.
- In the left sidebar, click Management Console.
- In the left sidebar, click Hostname.
- To test your appliance's DNS and SSL settings, click Test domain settings.
- If you don't receive a green checkmark next to all entries, review your configuration for the setting that failed. For more information, see "Configuring DNS nameservers."
- Under the left sidebar, click Save settings.
- Wait for the configuration run to complete.
This version of GitHub Enterprise was discontinued on 2021-06-09. No patch releases will be made, even for critical security issues. For better performance, improved security, and new features, upgrade to the latest version of GitHub Enterprise. For help with the upgrade, contact GitHub Enterprise support.
Validating your domain settings
Ensure that your domain settings are properly configured before booting up your GitHub Enterprise Server instance for the first time.