People with the team maintainer role can manage team membership and settings.
- Change the team's name and description
- Change the team's visibility
- Request to add a child team
- Request to add or change a parent team
- Set the team profile picture
- Add organization members to the team
- Remove organization members from the team
- Remove the team's access to repositories
- Manage code review assignment for the team
- Manage scheduled reminders for pull requests
Note If your enterprise uses managed user accounts and manages a team's membership with an identity provider (IdP) group, you cannot assign the team maintainer role manually for that team. For more information, see "Managing team memberships with identity provider groups."
Before you can promote an organization member to team maintainer, the person must already be a member of the team.
In the upper-right corner of GitHub.com, select your profile photo, then click Your organizations.
Click the name of your organization.
Under your organization name, click Teams.
Click the name of the team.
At the top of the team page, click Members.
Select the person or people you'd like to promote to team maintainer.
Above the list of team members, use the drop-down menu and click Change role....
Select a new role, then click Change role.