The Standard Terms of Service is an agreement between GitHub and you as an individual. To enter into an agreement with GitHub on behalf of an entity, such as a company, non-profit, or group, organization owners can upgrade to the GitHub Customer Agreement.
You can upgrade to the GitHub Customer Agreement instead of using the Standard Terms of Service to help prevent sensitive information from being exposed. For more information see "Best practices for preventing data leaks in your organization."
- Navigate to your organization's settings and scroll to the "Terms of Service" section.
- Click Read the GitHub Customer Agreement.
- After you've read the GitHub Customer Agreement, click Sign GitHub customer terms.
- Select Yes, I want to sign these terms on behalf of my business.
- In the text field, type the name of the company, non-profit, or group that owns the organization account. This is the entity that will enter into an agreement with GitHub.
- To agree to the GitHub Customer Agreement on behalf of your entity, click Accept terms.