- To upgrade from GitHub Enterprise 11.10.348 through 11.10.354, you must first migrate to GitHub Enterprise 2.1.23. For more information, see "Migrating from GitHub Enterprise 11.10.x to 2.1.23."
- Upgrade packages are available at enterprise.github.com for supported versions. Verify the availability of the upgrade packages you will need to complete the upgrade. If a package is not available, contact GitHub Enterprise Support または GitHub Premium Support for assistance.
- If you're using GitHub Enterprise Server Clustering, see "Upgrading a cluster" in the GitHub Enterprise Server Clustering Guide for specific instructions unique to clustering.
- The release notes for GitHub Enterprise Server provide a comprehensive list of new features for every version of GitHub Enterprise Server. For more information, see the releases page.
- Include as few upgrades as possible in your upgrade process. For example, instead of upgrading from GitHub Enterprise 2.19 to 2.20 to 2.21, you could upgrade from GitHub Enterprise 2.19 to 2.21.
- If you’re several versions behind, upgrade GitHub Enterprise Server インスタンス as far forward as possible with each step of your upgrade process. Using the latest version possible on each upgrade allows you to take advantage of performance improvements and bug fixes. For example, you could upgrade from GitHub Enterprise 2.7 to 2.8 to 2.10, but upgrading from GitHub Enterprise 2.7 to 2.9 to 2.10 uses a later version in the second step.
- Use the latest patch release when upgrading. GitHub Enterprise Serverのリリースページにアクセスしてください。 アップグレードしたいリリースの隣の Download（ダウンロード）をクリックし、続いて Upgrading（アップグレード）タブをクリックしてください。
- Use a staging instance to test the upgrade steps. For more information, see "Setting up a staging instance."
- When running multiple upgrades, wait at least 24 hours between feature upgrades to allow data migrations and backgrounded upgrade tasks to fully complete.
- You must upgrade from a feature release that's at most two releases behind. For example, to upgrade to GitHub Enterprise 2.21, you must be on GitHub Enterprise 2.20 or 2.19.
- GitHub Enterprise Serverは、ホットパッチを利用して最新のパッチリリースへアップグレードできます。ホットパッチにはメンテナンスウィンドウが不要で、通常は再起動も必要ありません。 ホットパッチは新しいパッチリリースへのアップグレードに利用できますが、新しいフィーチャリリースへのアップグレードには利用できません。 たとえば
- A hotpatch may require downtime if the affected services (like kernel, MySQL, or Elasticsearch) require a VM reboot or a service restart. You'll be notified when a reboot or restart is required. You can complete the reboot or restart at a later time.
- Additional root storage must be available when upgrading through hotpatching, as it installs multiple versions of certain services until the upgrade is complete. Pre-flight checks will notify you if you don't have enough root disk storage.
- When upgrading through hotpatching, your instance cannot be too heavily loaded, as it may impact the hotpatching process. Pre-flight checks will consider the load average and the upgrade will fail if the load average is too high.- Upgrading to GitHub Enterprise Server 2.17 migrates your audit logs from Elasticsearch to MySQL. This migration also increases the amount of time and disk space it takes to restore a snapshot. Before migrating, check the number of bytes in your Elasticsearch audit log indices with this command:
Use the number to estimate the amount of disk space the MySQL audit logs will need. The script also monitors your free disk space while the import is in progress. Monitoring this number is especially useful if your free disk space is close to the amount of disk space necessary for migration.
curl -s http://localhost:9201/audit_log/_stats/store | jq ._all.primaries.store.size_in_bytes
After reviewing these recommendations and requirements, you can upgrade GitHub Enterprise Server. For more information, see "Upgrading GitHub Enterprise Server."