Use the Management Console for basic administrative activities:
- Initial setup: Walk through the initial setup process when first launching GitHub Enterprise Serverインスタンス by visiting GitHub Enterprise Serverインスタンス's IP address in your browser.
- Configuring basic settings for your instance: Configure DNS, hostname, SSL, user authentication, email, monitoring services, and log forwarding on the Settings page.
- Scheduling maintenance windows: Take GitHub Enterprise Serverインスタンス offline while performing maintenance using the Management Console or administrative shell.
- Troubleshooting: Generate a support bundle or view high level diagnostic information.
- License management: View or update your GitHub Enterprise license.
You can always reach the Management Console using GitHub Enterprise Serverインスタンス's IP address, even when the instance is in maintenance mode, or there is a critical application failure or hostname or SSL misconfiguration.
To access the Management Console, you must use the administrator password established during initial setup of GitHub Enterprise Serverインスタンス. You must also be able to connect to the virtual machine host on port 8443. If you're having trouble reaching the Management Console, please check intermediate firewall and security group configurations.
The Management Console password hash is stored in
/data/user/common/secrets.conf, and that file is automatically synced from the primary appliance to any high-availability replicas. Any change to the primary's password will automatically be replicated to high-availability replicas. For more information about high availability, see "About high availability configuration."
The first time that you access the Management Console as a site administrator, you must upload your GitHub Enterprise license file to authenticate into the app. For more information, see "Managing your license for GitHub Enterprise."
From an administrative account on GitHub Enterprise Server, in the upper-right corner of any page, click .
If you're not already on the "Site admin" page, in the upper-left corner, click Site admin.
左のサイドバーでManagement Consoleをクリックしてく� さい。
求められたなら、Management Consoleのパスワードを入力してく� さい。
- Visit this URL in your browser, replacing
hostnamewith your actual GitHub Enterprise Server hostname or IP address:
- 求められたなら、Management Consoleのパスワードを入力してく� さい。
The Management Console locks after ten failed login attempts are made in the span of ten minutes. You must wait for the login screen to automatically unlock before attempting to log in again. The login screen automatically unlocks as soon as the previous ten minute period contains fewer than ten failed login attempts. The counter resets after a successful login occurs.
To immediately unlock the Management Console, use the
ghe-reactivate-admin-login command via the administrative shell. For more information, see "Command line utilities" and "Accessing the administrative shell (SSH)."
If you cannot connect to the Management Console on GitHub Enterprise Serverインスタンス, you can review the following information to troubleshoot the problem.
If you access GitHub Enterprise Serverインスタンス through a load balancer and connections to the Management Console fail with a message that your session has expired, you may need to reconfigure your load balancer. For more information, see "Using GitHub Enterprise Server with a load balancer."