- Projects, the all-new projects experience, is now available. For more information about Projects, see "About Projects" and for information about migrating your classic project, see "Migrating from projects (classic)."
- You can only create a new classic project board for an organization or user that already has at least one classic project board. You cannot create new classic projects for repositories. If you're unable to create a classic project board, create a project instead.
When you close a classic project, any workflow automation that was configured for the classic project will pause by default. For more information, see "Closing a project (classic)."
When you reopen a classic project, you have the option to sync automation, which updates the position of the cards on the board according to the automation settings configured for the board.
- Navigate to the classic project you want to reopen.
- On the top-right side of the classic project, click Menu.
- Choose whether to sync automation for your classic project or reopen your classic project without syncing.
- To reopen your classic project and sync automation, click Reopen and sync project.
- To reopen your classic project without syncing automation, using the reopen drop-down menu, click Reopen only. Then, click Reopen only.