- Navigate to your project.
- In the top-right, to access insights, click .
- In the menu on the left, click New chart.
- Optionally, to change the name of the new chart, click , type a new name, and press Return.
- Above the chart, type filters to change the data used to build the chart. For more information, see "Filtering projects."
- To the right of the filter text box, click Save changes.
Learn how to create new charts to save your configurations.
People with write or admin access to a project can use Insights.
Insights is available for the new Projects experience, you cannot use Insights with projects (classic). Historical charts are available with GitHub Team and GitHub Enterprise Cloud for organizations. You can save unlimited charts in private projects with GitHub Team and GitHub Enterprise Cloud for organizations and GitHub Pro for users. Users and organizations using a public project can also save unlimited charts. Users and organizations using GitHub Free or a legacy plan can save two charts in private projects. For more information, see "GitHub’s plans."