Projects maintained and managed by one sole organization owner can easily become inaccessible if the organization owner is unreachable. We recommend an organization have at least two people with owner permissions to ensure no one will lose access to a project.
Organization owners have full administrative access to the organization. For more information, see "Permission levels for an organization."
Note: As an organization owner, you can change the role of other organization members and owners. You can't change your own role.
- In the top right corner of GitHub, click your profile photo, then click Your organizations.
- Click the name of your organization.
- Under your organization name, click People.
- Select the person or people you'd like to promote to owner.
- Above the list of members, use the drop-down menu and click Change role.
- Select a new role for the person or people, then click Change role.