Members of your organization's Owners team can give billing manager permissions to people. Once a person accepts their invitation to become a billing manager for your organization, they can invite additional people to be billing managers.
Note: Billing managers do not use paid licenses in your organization's subscription.
Billing managers can:
- Upgrade or downgrade the account
- Add, update, or remove payment methods
- View payment history
- Download receipts
- View, invite, and remove billing managers
- Start, modify, or cancel sponsorships
In addition, all billing managers will receive billing receipts by email on the organization's billing date.
Billing managers are not able to:
- Create or access repositories in your organizations
- See private members of your organization
- Be seen in the list of organization members
- Purchase, edit, or cancel subscriptions for GitHub Marketplace apps
Tip: If your organization requires members, billing managers, and outside collaborators to use two-factor authentication, the user must enable two-factor authentication before they can accept your invitation to become a billing manager for the organization.
The invited person will receive an invitation email asking them to become a billing manager for your organization. Once the invited person clicks the accept link in their invitation email, they will automatically be added to the organization as a billing manager. If they don't already have a GitHub account, they will be directed to sign up for one, and they will be automatically added to the organization as a billing manager after they create an account.
In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
In the "Access" section of the sidebar, click Organizations.
Next to the organization, click Settings.
If you are an organization owner, in the "Access" section of the sidebar, click Billing and plans.
Under "Billing management", next to "Billing managers", click Add.
Type the username or email address of the person you want to add and click Send invitation.
- "Inviting people to manage your enterprise" in the GitHub Enterprise Cloud documentation