Get started with GitHub
Teachers, students, and researchers can use tools from GitHub to enrich a software development curriculum and develop real-world collaboration skills.
- Sign up for a new GitHub account
- Git and GitHub quickstart
- About GitHub Global Campus for students
- Apply to GitHub Global Campus as a teacher
- Apply to GitHub Global Campus as a student
Run a software development course with GitHub
Administer a classroom, assign and review work from your students, and teach the new generation of software developers with GitHub Classroom.
- About GitHub Global Campus for teachers
- Manage classrooms
- About assignments
- Use the Git and GitHub starter assignment
- Create an individual assignment
- Create a group assignment
- Create an assignment from a template repository
- Monitor students' progress with the assignment overview page
- Leave feedback with pull requests
- Use autograding
Learn to develop software
Incorporate GitHub into your education, and use the same tools as the professionals.
- Git and GitHub learning resources
- GitHub Global Campus for students
- Try GitHub Desktop
- Try GitHub CLI
Contribute to the community
Participate in the community, get training from GitHub, and learn or teach new skills.