You can block a user in your account settings or from the user's profile. GitHub will not notify the user when you block them. If you want to avoid contributing to the same project as someone you've blocked, you can choose to display a warning on any repositories with prior contributions from a blocked user. For more information, see "Blocking a user in your account settings." You may still see the activity of blocked users in shared spaces and blocked users can delete their existing content.
Tip: If you're blocking a user because of a heated conversation, consider locking the conversation so only collaborators can comment. For more information, see "Locking conversations."
When you block a user:
- The user stops following you
- The user stops watching and unpins your repositories
- The user is not able to join any organizations you are an owner of
- The user's stars and issue assignments are removed from your repositories
- The user's votes on discussions or comments in your repositories are deleted
- The user is removed as a collaborator on your repositories
- The user's contributions to your repositories are no longer counted as contributions for them
- Your contributions to the blocked user's repositories are no longer counted as contributions for you
- You are removed as a collaborator on their repositories
- Their sponsorship of you is cancelled
- Any pending repository or account successor invitations to or from the blocked user are cancelled
After you've blocked a user, they cannot:
- Send you any notifications, including by @mentioning your username
- Comment on or edit issues or pull requests that you've created
- React to your comments on issues, pull requests, and commits
- Follow you or see your content in their activity feed
- Assign you to issues or pull requests
- Invite you as a collaborator on their repositories
- Invite you as a collaborator on a security advisory
- Cross-reference your repositories in comments
- Fork, watch, pin, or star your repositories
- Sponsor you
In repositories you own, blocked users also cannot:
- Open issues
- Send, close, or merge pull requests
- Comment on issues, pull requests, or commits
- Add or edit wiki pages
- En la esquina superior derecha de cualquier página, da clic en tu foto de perfil y después da clic en Configuración.
- En tu barra lateral de configuración, da clic en Usuarios bloqueados.
- Under "Block a user", type the username of the user you'd like to block, then click Block user.
- Optionally, to display a warning when you visit a repository where a blocked user is a contributor, select Warn me when a blocked user is a prior contributor to a repository.
- Visita la página de perfil de usuario.
- En la barra lateral izquierda, debajo de la foto de perfil del usuario, da clic en Bloquear o reportar usuario.
- Click Block user.