- Navigate to your project.
- In the top-right, to access insights, click .
- In the menu on the left, click on the chart you would like to configure.
- On the right side of the page, click Configure. A panel will open on the right.
- To change the type of chart, select the Layout dropdown and click on the chart type you want to use.
- To change the field used for your chart's X-axis, select the X-axis dropdown and click the field you want to use.
- Optionally, for current charts, to group the items on your X-axis by another field, select Group by and click on the field you want to use, or click "None" to disable grouping.
- Optionally, if your project contains number fields and you want the Y-axis to display the sum, average, minimum, or maximum of one of those number fields, select Y-axis and click an option. Then, select the dropdown that appears beneath and click on the number field you want to use.
- To save your chart, click Save changes.
Learn how to configure your charts and filter data from your project.
People with write or admin access to a project can use Insights.
Insights is available for the new Projects experience, you cannot use Insights with projects (classic). Historical charts are available with GitHub Team and GitHub Enterprise Cloud for organizations. You can save unlimited charts in private projects with GitHub Team and GitHub Enterprise Cloud for organizations and GitHub Pro for users. Users and organizations using a public project can also save unlimited charts. Users and organizations using GitHub Free or a legacy plan can save two charts in private projects. For more information, see "GitHub’s plans."