- In the top right corner of GitHub, click your profile photo, then click Your profile.
- On the left side of your profile page, under "Organizations", click the icon for your organization.
- Under your organization name, click Teams.
- On the Teams tab, click the name of the team.
- At the top of the team page, click Settings.
- Type a new name or description for the team.
- Click Update.
Article version: GitHub.com
Renaming a team
Team maintainers and organization owners can edit the name and description of a team.