Note: GitHub Discussions is currently in beta and subject to change.
By default, organization members with read access can create discussions if a repository administrator or organization owner enables discussions for a repository owned by the organization.
- In the top right corner of GitHub, click your profile photo, then click Your profile.
- On the left side of your profile page, under "Organizations", click the icon for your organization.
- Under your organization name, click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Member privileges.
- Under "Repository discussions", select or deselect Allow users with read access to create discussions.
- Click Save.