As a site administrator, you can allow end users to send anonymized contribution counts for their work from GitHub Enterprise Server to their GitHub.com contribution graph.
After you enable GitHub Connect and enable unified contributions in both environments, end users on your instance can connect to their GitHub.com accounts and send contribution counts from GitHub Enterprise Server to GitHub.com. GitHub Enterprise Server sends updates hourly. For more information, see "Sending your GitHub Enterprise Server contributions to your GitHub.com profile."
If the site administrator disables the functionality or developers opt out of the connection, the GitHub Enterprise Server contribution counts will be deleted on GitHub.com. If the developer reconnects their profiles after disabling them, the contribution counts for the past 90 days are restored.
GitHub Enterprise Server only sends the contribution count and source (GitHub Enterprise Server) for connected users. It does not send any information about the contribution or how it was made.
Before enabling unified contributions on your GitHub Enterprise Server instance, you must connect your GitHub Enterprise Server instance to GitHub.com. For more information, see "Connecting GitHub Enterprise Server to GitHub.com."
- Sign in to your GitHub Enterprise Server instance and GitHub.com.
- From an administrative account on GitHub Enterprise Server, click in the upper-right corner of any page. 1. In the left sidebar, click Enterprise overview.
- In the enterprise account sidebar, click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click GitHub Connect.
- Under "Users can share contribution counts to GitHub.com", click Request access.
- Sign in to the GitHub Enterprise Server site to receive further instructions.
When you request access, we'll redirect you to the GitHub Enterprise Server site to check your current terms of service. If your GitHub Enterprise Server instance uses the standard terms of service, the request will automatically redirect you to instructions on enabling unified contributions. If you're using a custom terms of service, we'll log your request and contact you to set up access.