The integrator who owns and maintains a GitHub app, also called a GitHub App owner, can suspend or unsuspend a GitHub App installation using REST API endpoints with a JWT. For more information, see the GitHub Apps REST API.
People who have installed a GitHub App, also called installation owners, can only suspend or unsuspend a GitHub App through their app's installation settings. Installation owners cannot use the API to suspend or unsuspend their app installation.
If an installation has been suspended by the GitHub App owner, installation owners cannot unsuspend their installations of the GitHub App. However, installation owners can change other settings, such as repository selection, while the app is suspended.
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Developer settings.
- In the left sidebar, click GitHub Apps.
- Select the GitHub App you want to suspend.
- In the left sidebar, click Advanced.
- Next to the suspension settings for the installation, click Suspend or Unsuspend.