Using GitHub for your school projects is a practical way to collaborate with others and build a portfolio that showcases real-world experience.
Everyone with a GitHub account can collaborate in unlimited public and private repositories with GitHub Free. As a student, you can also apply for GitHub Education student benefits. Your GitHub Education student benefits and resources are all included in GitHub Global Campus, a portal that allows you to access your education benefits, all in one place. For more information, see "Apply to GitHub Global Campus as a student" and GitHub Education.
Before applying for Global Campus, check if your learning community is already partnered with us as a GitHub Campus Program school. For more information, see "About GitHub Campus Program."
If you're a member of a school club, a teacher can apply for GitHub Global Campus so your team can collaborate using GitHub Team, which allows unlimited users and private repositories, for free. For more information, see "Apply to GitHub Global Campus as a teacher."
Once you are a verified GitHub Global Campus student, you can access GitHub Global Campus anytime by going to the GitHub Education website.
GitHub Global Campus is a portal from which you can access your GitHub Education benefits and resources, all in one place. On the GitHub Global Campus portal, students can:
- Connect with a local Campus Expert. For more information on campus experts, see "About Campus Experts."
- Explore and claim offers for free industry tools from the Student Developer Pack.
- See upcoming in-person and virtual events for students, curated by GitHub Education and student leaders.
- View assignments from GitHub Classroom with upcoming due dates.
- Stay in the know on what the community is interested in by rewatching recent Campus TV episodes. Campus TV is created by GitHub and student community leaders and can be watched live or on demand.
- Discover student-created repositories from GitHub Community Exchange. For more information, see "About GitHub Community Exchange."