- Features such as GitHub Actions, GitHub Packages, GitHub Mobile and GitHub Advanced Security are available on GitHub Enterprise Server 3.0 or higher. We highly recommend upgrading to 3.0 or later releases to take advantage of critical security updates, bug fixes and feature enhancements.
- Upgrade packages are available at enterprise.github.com for supported versions. Verify the availability of the upgrade packages you will need to complete the upgrade. If a package is not available, contact GitHub Enterprise 支持 for assistance.
- If you're using GitHub Enterprise Server Clustering, see "Upgrading a cluster" in the GitHub Enterprise Server Clustering Guide for specific instructions unique to clustering.
- The release notes for GitHub Enterprise Server provide a comprehensive list of new features for every version of GitHub Enterprise Server. For more information, see the releases page.
- Include as few upgrades as possible in your upgrade process. For example, instead of upgrading from GitHub Enterprise 3.3 to 3.4 to 3.5, you could upgrade from GitHub Enterprise 3.3 to 3.5. Use the 升级助手 to find the upgrade path from your current release version.
- If you’re several versions behind, upgrade 您的 GitHub Enterprise Server 实例 as far forward as possible with each step of your upgrade process. Using the latest version possible on each upgrade allows you to take advantage of performance improvements and bug fixes. For example, you could upgrade from GitHub Enterprise 2.7 to 2.8 to 2.10, but upgrading from GitHub Enterprise 2.7 to 2.9 to 2.10 uses a later version in the second step.
- Use the latest patch release when upgrading. 浏览到 GitHub Enterprise Server 发行版页面。 在要升级到的版本旁边，单击 Download（下载），然后单击 Upgrading（升级）选项卡。
- Use a staging instance to test the upgrade steps. For more information, see "Setting up a staging instance."
- When running multiple upgrades, wait at least 24 hours between feature upgrades to allow data migrations and upgrade tasks running in the background to fully complete.
- Take a snapshot before upgrading your virtual machine. For more information, see "Taking a snapshot."
- Ensure you have a recent, successful backup of your instance. For more information, see the GitHub Enterprise Server 备份实用程序 README.md file.
- You must upgrade from a feature release that's at most two releases behind. For example, to upgrade to GitHub Enterprise 3.5, you must be on GitHub Enterprise 3.4 or 3.3.
- When upgrading using an upgrade package, schedule a maintenance window for GitHub Enterprise Server end users.
- 您可以使用热更新将 GitHub Enterprise Server 升级为最新的补丁版本，它不需要维护时间窗，通常不需要重启。
2. 0.9 升级到
- A hotpatch may require downtime if the affected services (like kernel, MySQL, or Elasticsearch) require a VM reboot or a service restart. You'll be notified when a reboot or restart is required. You can complete the reboot or restart at a later time.
- Additional root storage must be available when upgrading through hotpatching, as it installs multiple versions of certain services until the upgrade is complete. Pre-flight checks will notify you if you don't have enough root disk storage.
- When upgrading through hotpatching, your instance cannot be too heavily loaded, as it may impact the hotpatching process.
- Upgrading to GitHub Enterprise Server 2.17 migrates your audit logs from Elasticsearch to MySQL. This migration also increases the amount of time and disk space it takes to restore a snapshot. Before migrating, check the number of bytes in your Elasticsearch audit log indices with this command:
Use the number to estimate the amount of disk space the MySQL audit logs will need. The script also monitors your free disk space while the import is in progress. Monitoring this number is especially useful if your free disk space is close to the amount of disk space necessary for migration.
curl -s http://localhost:9201/audit_log/_stats/store | jq ._all.primaries.store.size_in_bytes
After reviewing these recommendations and requirements, you can upgrade GitHub Enterprise Server. For more information, see "Upgrading GitHub Enterprise Server."