About the 管理控制台
Use the 管理控制台 for basic administrative activities:
- Initial setup: Walk through the initial setup process when first launching your GitHub Enterprise Server instance by visiting your GitHub Enterprise Server instance's IP address in your browser.
- Configuring basic settings for your instance: Configure DNS, hostname, SSL, user authentication, email, monitoring services, and log forwarding on the Settings page.
- Scheduling maintenance windows: Take your GitHub Enterprise Server instance offline while performing maintenance using the 管理控制台 or administrative shell.
- Troubleshooting: Generate a support bundle or view high level diagnostic information.
- License management: View or update your GitHub Enterprise license.
You can always reach the 管理控制台 using your GitHub Enterprise Server instance's IP address, even when the instance is in maintenance mode, or there is a critical application failure or hostname or SSL misconfiguration.
To access the 管理控制台, you must use the administrator password established during initial setup of your GitHub Enterprise Server instance. You must also be able to connect to the virtual machine host on port 8443. If you're having trouble reaching the 管理控制台, please check intermediate firewall and security group configurations.
The 管理控制台 password hash is stored in
/data/user/common/secrets.conf, and that file is automatically synced from the primary appliance to any high-availability replicas. Any change to the primary's password will automatically be replicated to high-availability replicas. For more information about high availability, see "About high availability configuration."
Accessing the 管理控制台 as a site administrator
The first time that you access the 管理控制台 as a site administrator, you must upload your GitHub Enterprise license file to authenticate into the app. For more information, see "Managing your license for GitHub Enterprise."
从 GitHub Enterprise Server 上的管理帐户任意页面的右上角，单击 。
如有提示，请输入您的 管理控制台 密� �。
Accessing the 管理控制台 as an unauthenticated user
- Visit this URL in your browser, replacing
hostnamewith your actual GitHub Enterprise Server hostname or IP address:
- 如有提示，请输入您的 管理控制台 密� �。
Unlocking the 管理控制台 after failed login attempts
The 管理控制台 locks after ten failed login attempts are made in the span of ten minutes. You must wait for the login screen to automatically unlock before attempting to log in again. The login screen automatically unlocks as soon as the previous ten minute period contains fewer than ten failed login attempts. The counter resets after a successful login occurs.
To immediately unlock the 管理控制台, use the
ghe-reactivate-admin-login command via the administrative shell. For more information, see "Command line utilities" and "Accessing the administrative shell (SSH)."
Troubleshooting failed connections to the 管理控制台
If you cannot connect to the 管理控制台 on your GitHub Enterprise Server instance, you can review the following information to troubleshoot the problem.
Error: "Your session has expired" for connections through a load balancer
If you access your GitHub Enterprise Server instance through a load balancer and connections to the 管理控制台 fail with a message that your session has expired, you may need to reconfigure your load balancer. For more information, see "Using GitHub Enterprise Server with a load balancer."