By default, a new GitHub App will have an automatically generated identicon. An identicon badge looks something like this:
After you create a GitHub App, you can customize your app's badge by uploading a logo and selecting a background color. A badge is a square logo image inside of a circular badge. You can choose a background color for the badge, which can visually distinguish your app.
Your logo should be a PNG, JPG, or GIF file under 1 MB in size. For the best quality rendering, we recommend an image size of at least 200px x 200px.
To create a custom badge:
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Developer settings.
- In the left sidebar, click GitHub Apps.
- To the right of the GitHub App you want to modify, click Edit.
- In "Display information", drag-and-drop an image from a local folder or click Upload a logo to select an image from your computer.
- Crop your picture. When you're done, click Set new avatar.
- In "Badge background color", type the hexadecimal color code of the background color for your badge.