Dependabot helps users of your GitHub Enterprise Server instance find and fix vulnerabilities in their dependencies. You can enable Dependabot alerts to notify users about vulnerable dependencies and Dependabot updates to fix the vulnerabilities and keep dependencies updated to the latest version.
With Dependabot alerts, GitHub identifies insecure dependencies in repositories and creates alerts on your GitHub Enterprise Server instance, using data from the GitHub Advisory Database and the dependency graph service.
Adicionamos comunicados ao GitHub Advisory Database das seguintes fontes:
- O Banco de Dados Nacional de Vulnerabilidades
- Uma combinação de aprendizado de máquina e revisão humana para detectar vulnerabilidades em commits públicos em GitHub
- Consultorias de segurança relatadas em GitHub
- O banco de dados de Avisos de segurança do npm
After you enable Dependabot alerts for your enterprise, vulnerability data is synced from the GitHub Advisory Database to your instance once every hour. Only GitHub-reviewed advisories are synchronized. Para obter mais informações, confira "Procurar avisos de segurança no GitHub Advisory Database".
You can also choose to manually sync vulnerability data at any time. For more information, see "Viewing the vulnerability data for your enterprise."
Note: When you enable Dependabot alerts, no code or information about code from your GitHub Enterprise Server instance is uploaded to GitHub.com.
When your GitHub Enterprise Server instance receives information about a vulnerability, it identifies repositories in your GitHub Enterprise Server instance that use the affected version of the dependency and generates Dependabot alerts. You can choose whether or not to notify users automatically about new Dependabot alerts.
For repositories with Dependabot alerts enabled, scanning is triggered on any push to the default branch that contains a manifest file or lock file. Additionally, when a new vulnerability record is added to your GitHub Enterprise Server instance, GitHub Enterprise Server scans all existing repositories on your GitHub Enterprise Server instance and generates alerts for any repository that is vulnerable. For more information, see "About Dependabot alerts."
Note: Dependabot security and version updates are currently in private beta and subject to change. Please contact your account management team for instructions on enabling Dependabot updates.
After you enable Dependabot alerts, you can choose to enable Dependabot updates. When Dependabot updates are enabled for your GitHub Enterprise Server instance, users can configure repositories so that their dependencies are updated and kept secure automatically.
Note: Dependabot updates on GitHub Enterprise Server requires GitHub Actions with self-hosted runners.
By default, GitHub Actions runners used by Dependabot need access to the internet, to download updated packages from upstream package managers. For Dependabot updates powered by GitHub Connect, internet access provides your runners with a token that allows access to dependencies and advisories hosted on GitHub.com.
With Dependabot updates, GitHub automatically creates pull requests to update dependencies in two ways.
- Dependabot version updates: Users add a Dependabot configuration file to the repository to enable Dependabot to create pull requests when a new version of a tracked dependency is released. For more information, see "About Dependabot version updates."
- Dependabot security updates: Users toggle a repository setting to enable Dependabot to create pull requests when GitHub detects a vulnerability in one of the dependencies of the dependency graph for the repository. For more information, see "About Dependabot alerts" and "About Dependabot security updates."
Before you can enable Dependabot alerts:
- You must enable GitHub Connect. For more information, see "Managing GitHub Connect."
- You must enable the dependency graph. For more information, see "Enabling the dependency graph for your enterprise."
No canto superior à direita de GitHub Enterprise Server, clique na foto do perfil e clique em Configurações da empresa.
Na barra lateral da conta corporativa, clique em GitHub Connect .
Under "Repositories can be scanned for vulnerabilities", select the drop-down menu and click Enabled without notifications. Optionally, to enable alerts with notifications, click Enabled with notifications.
Tip: We recommend configuring Dependabot alerts without notifications for the first few days to avoid an overload of emails. After a few days, you can enable notifications to receive Dependabot alerts as usual.
When you enable Dependabot alerts, you should consider also setting up GitHub Actions for Dependabot security updates. This feature allows developers to fix vulnerabilities in their dependencies. For more information, see "Managing self-hosted runners for Dependabot updates on your enterprise."
If you need enhanced security, we recommend configuring Dependabot to use private registries. For more information, see "Managing encrypted secrets for Dependabot."