Note: After an account is deleted, the username at the time of deletion becomes unavailable for reuse for 90 days. To reuse an organization's username immediately, you must change the username before you delete the organization.
- Sign up for a new GitHub user account.
- Have the user's role changed to an owner.
- Sign in to the new user account.
- Transfer each organization repository to the new user account.
- Rename the organization to make the current username available.
- Rename the user to the organization's name.
- Delete the organization.