You can confirm that the websites and email addresses listed on the profiles of any organization owned by your enterprise account are controlled by your enterprise by verifying the domains. Verified domains for an enterprise account apply to every organization owned by the enterprise account, and organization owners can verify additional domains for their organizations. For more information, see "Verifying your organization's domain."
After you verify ownership of your enterprise account's domains, a "Verified" badge will display on the profile of each organization that has the domain listed on its profile. To display a "Verified" badge, the website and email information shown on an organization's profile must match the verified domain or domains. If the website and email address shown on your organization's profile are hosted on different domains, you must verify both domains. If the website and email address use variants of the same domain, you must verify both variants. For example, if the profile shows the website
www.example.com and the email address
firstname.lastname@example.org, you would need to verify both
Organization owners will be able to verify the identity of organization members by viewing each member's email address within the verified domain.
After you verify domains for your enterprise account, you can restrict email notifications to verified domains for all the organizations owned by your enterprise account. For more information, see "Restricting email notifications for your enterprise account to approved domains."
Even if you don't restrict email notifications for the enterprise account, if an organization owner has restricted email notifications for the organization, organization members will be able to receive notifications from any domains verified for the enterprise account, in addition to any domains verified for the organization. For more information about restricting notifications for an organization, see "Restricting email notifications to an approved domain."
To verify your enterprise account's domain, you must have access to modify domain records with your domain hosting service.
- Visita la cuenta de tu empresa en
ENTERPRISE-NAMEpor el nombre de la cuenta de tu empresa.
- En la barra lateral de la cuenta de empresa, haz clic en Settings (Configuraciones).
- Under "Settings", click Verified domains.
- Click Add a domain.
- In the domain field, type the domain you'd like to verify, then click Add domain.
- Follow the instructions under Add a DNS TXT record to create a DNS TXT record with your domain hosting service.
- Wait for your DNS configuration to change, which may take up to 72 hours. You can confirm your DNS configuration has changed by running the
digcommand on the command line, replacing
ENTERPRISE-ACCOUNTwith the name of your enterprise account, and
example.comwith the domain you'd like to verify. You should see your new TXT record listed in the command output.
dig _github-challenge-ENTERPRISE-ACCOUNT.example.com +nostats +nocomments +nocmd TXT
- To the right of the domain that's pending verification, click , then click Continue verifying.
- Click Verify domain.
- Optionally, after the "Verified" badge is visible on your organizations' profiles, delete the TXT entry from the DNS record at your domain hosting service.