Note: Updated permissions won't take effect on an installation until the owner of the account or organization approves the changes. You can use the InstallationEvent webhook to find out when people accept new permissions for your app. One exception is user-level permissions, which don't require the account owner to approve permission changes.
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Developer settings.
- In the left sidebar, click GitHub Apps.
- Select the GitHub App whose permissions you want to change.
- In the left sidebar, click Permissions & webhooks.
- Modify the permissions you'd like to change. For each type of permission, select either "Read-only", "Read & write", or "No access" from the dropdown.
- In "Subscribe to events", select any events to which you'd like to subscribe your app.
- Optionally, in "Add a note to users", add a note telling your users why you are changing the permissions that your GitHub App requests.
- Click Save changes.