You may not misrepresent your identity or your association with another person or organization. This includes doing any of the following in a way that misleads or deceives others:
- Copying another user's avatar or other personal profile information
- Posting content under another user's email address
- Using a deceptively similar username, organization name, or other namespace
- Accessing an account or organization with another user's token or credentials
- Otherwise posing as another individual or organization
Impersonation is a form of harassment and violation of this policy may lead to loss of access to your account.
Please note, having a username similar to another is not necessarily impersonation. GitHub will take context into account. For example, as in cases involving claims of misinformation or disinformation, we generally allow parody and satire that is in line with our Acceptable Use Polices.