When you request to add a team as a child, a request is sent to the maintainers of the child team. Once a maintainer of the child team approves your request, the child team is nested under the parent team in your organization's hierarchy.
If you're an organization owner or you have team maintainer permissions in both the child team and the parent team, you can add the child team without requesting approval or change the child team's parent from the child team's settings page. For more information, see "Moving a team in your organization's hierarchy."
Child teams inherit the access permissions of the parent team. For more information on team hierarchies, see "About teams."
- In the top right corner of GitHub Enterprise, click your profile photo, then click Your profile.
- On the left side of your profile page, under "Organizations", click the icon for your organization.
- Under your organization name, click Teams.
- In the list of teams, click the name of the team where you'd like to add the child team.
- At the top of the team page, click Teams.
- Click Add a team.
- Type the name of the team you'd like to add as a child team, and select it from the drop-down list.
- Read about the changed repository access permissions.
- Click Confirm changes to send a request to add the child team.