Article version: Enterprise Server 2.17
Configuring visibility for organization membership
You can set visibility for new organization members across your instance to public or private. You can also prevent members from changing their visibility from the default.
You can also enforce your default setting on all current organization members in your instance using a command-line utility. For example, if you'd like to require every organization member's visibility to be public, you can set the default to public and enforce the default for all new members in the admin settings, and then use the command-line utility to enforce the public setting on existing members.
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click .
- In the left sidebar, click Enterprise.
- In the enterprise account sidebar, click Settings.
- Under " Settings", click Options.
- Under "Default organization membership visibility", use the drop-down menu, and click Private or Public.
- Optionally, to prevent members from changing their membership visibility from the default, select Enforce on organization members.
- If you'd like to enforce your new visibility setting on all existing members, use the
ghe-org-membership-updatecommand-line utility. For more information, see "Command-line utilities."