This version of GitHub Enterprise was discontinued on 2023-01-18. No patch releases will be made, even for critical security issues. For better performance, improved security, and new features, upgrade to the latest version of GitHub Enterprise. For help with the upgrade, contact GitHub Enterprise support.
Creating and managing repositories
You can create a repository on GitHub Enterprise Server to store and collaborate on your project's files, then manage the repository's name and location.
- About repositories
- Best practices for repositories
- Creating a new repository
- Creating a repository from a template
- Creating a template repository
- Creating an issues-only repository
- Duplicating a repository
- Cloning a repository
- Troubleshooting cloning errors
- Renaming a repository
- Transferring a repository
- Deleting a repository
- Restoring a deleted repository