Only members with owner privileges for an organization or admin privileges for a repository can delete an organization repository. If Allow members to delete or transfer repositories for this organization has been disabled, only organization owners can delete organization repositories. For more information, see "Repository roles for an organization."
- Deleting a repository will permanently delete release attachments and team permissions. This action cannot be undone.
- Deleting a private or internal repository will delete all forks of the repository.
Some deleted repositories can be restored within 90 days of deletion. Your site administrator may be able to restore a deleted repository for you. For more information, see "Restoring a deleted repository."
- On your enterprise, navigate to the main page of the repository.
- Under your repository name, click Settings.
- Under Danger Zone, click Delete this repository.
- Read the warnings.
- To verify that you're deleting the correct repository, type the name of the repository you want to delete.
- Click I understand the consequences, delete this repository.