Note: The Dormant Users report is currently in beta and subject to change. During the beta, ongoing improvements to the report download feature may limit its availability.
A user is considered active if the user has performed any of the following activities on GitHub.com.
- Signing into GitHub.com
- Creating a repository
- Pushing to a repository
- Being added to a repository
- Changing the visibility of a repository
- Creating an issue or pull request
- Commenting on an issue or pull request
- Closing or reopening an issue or pull request
- Applying a label to an issue or pull request, or removing a label
- Assigning or unassigning an issue or pull request
- Requesting a review of a pull request, or removing a review request
- Creating or editing a comment in a pull request review
- Dismissing a comment in a pull request
- Synchronizing a pull request
- Commenting on a commit
- Publishing a release
- Pushing to a wiki
- Watching a repository
- Starring a repository
- Deleting a repository
- Accessing resources by using a personal access token or SSH key
In the top-right corner of GitHub.com, click your profile photo, then click Your enterprises.
In the list of enterprises, click the enterprise you want to view.
In the enterprise account sidebar, click Compliance.
To download your Dormant Users (beta) report as a CSV file, under "Other", click Download.
Tip: For the purposes of assessing user dormancy, user activity is scoped to include only user activity associated with organizations, repositories, or sign-on events that are associated with the enterprise. For example, if a user has recently commented on an issue in a public repository not associated with the enterprise, they may be considered dormant. However, if they have recently commented on an issue in a public repository associated with an organization in your enterprise, they will not be considered dormant and will not appear in the Dormant User report.
In the case of web sign-on events, only sign-on events through via an SSO domain associated with your enterprise are considered user activity associated with the enterprise.