Note: Suspending a GitHub App installation is currently in beta and subject to change. Before you can suspend a GitHub App, the app owner must enable suspending installations for the app by opting-in to the beta. To opt-in to the suspending installations beta feature, see "Activating beta features for apps."
To suspend a GitHub App, you must be an account owner or have admin permissions in the repository or organization where the app you want to suspend is installed.
You can also suspend and unsuspend GitHub App installations using the REST API. For more information, see the GitHub Apps REST API.
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Developer settings.
- In the left sidebar, click GitHub Apps.
- Select the GitHub App you want to suspend.
- In the left sidebar, click Advanced.
- Next to the suspension settings for the installation, click Suspend or Unsuspend.