The integrator who owns and maintains a GitHub app, also called a GitHub App owner, can suspend or unsuspend a GitHub App installation using REST API endpoints with a JWT. For more information, see the GitHub Apps REST API.
People who have installed a GitHub App, also called installation owners, can only suspend or unsuspend a GitHub App through their app's installation settings. Installation owners cannot use the API to suspend or unsuspend their app installation.
- In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
- In the left sidebar, click Developer settings.
- In the left sidebar, click GitHub Apps.
- Select the GitHub App you want to suspend.
- In the left sidebar, click Advanced.
- Next to the suspension settings for the installation, click Suspend or Unsuspend.