Note: Sponsoring on behalf of an organization is currently in beta and subject to change.
When you downgrade or cancel a sponsorship, the change will become effective on your next billing date. There are no refunds for payments for GitHub Sponsors.
- On GitHub, navigate to the sponsored account's profile.
- Navigate to your sponsorship dashboard for the account.
- If you're sponsoring a personal account, under the user's name, click Sponsoring.
- If you're sponsoring an organization, to the right of the organization's name, click Sponsoring.
- Optionally, to manage a sponsorship on behalf of an organization, on the right side of the page, use the Sponsoring as drop-down menu, and click the organization.
- On the right side of the page, under "Select a tier", review the sponsorship tiers available. If more than one type of tier is available "Monthly" tiers are shown, click One-time to show the tiers for one-time payments.
- To the right of the tier you want, click Select. If want to select a custom amount, enter the sponsorship amount before clicking "Select."
- Click Update sponsorship.
In the upper-right corner of any page, click your profile photo, then click Settings.
In the "Access" section of the sidebar, click Billing and plans.
Optionally, to manage your sponsorship on behalf of an organization, in the upper-left corner, use the Personal settings drop-down menu, and click the organization.
Under "GitHub Sponsors", to the right of the sponsored open source contributor, click next to your sponsored amount, then click Cancel sponsorship.
Review the information about canceling your sponsorship, then click OK.