Note: Sponsoring on behalf of an organization is currently in beta and subject to change.
When you upgrade your sponsorship tier, the change will become effective immediately. If you're starting a monthly sponsorship on behalf of your user account, you'll immediately be charged a prorated amount for the time until your next regular billing date. If you're sponsoring on behalf of an organization, you can choose to pay the prorated amount or make the full monthly payment.
- On GitHub, navigate to the sponsored account's profile.
- Navigate to your sponsorship dashboard for the account.
- If you're sponsoring a user account, under the user's name, click Sponsoring.
- If you're sponsoring an organization, to the right of the organization's name, click Sponsoring.
- Optionally, to manage a sponsorship on behalf of an organization, on the right side of the page, use the Sponsoring as drop-down menu, and click the organization.
- On the right side of the page, under "Select a tier", review the sponsorship tiers available. If more than one type of tier is available "Monthly" tiers are shown, click One-time to show the tiers for one-time payments.
- To the right of the tier you want, click Select. If want to select a custom amount, enter the sponsorship amount before clicking "Select."
- Click Update sponsorship.