Before you start, make sure you know:
- The GitHub username of the client who will become the owner of the enterprise account you create
- The name your client would like to use for the enterprise account
- The email address where you would like receipts to be sent
- The number of paid seats your client would like you to purchase for the enterprise account (see "About per-user pricing")
You will use your personal account to set up the enterprise account. You'll also need to sign in to this account to renew or make changes to your client's subscription in the future.
If you already have a personal account on GitHub, skip to step 2.
- Go to the Join GitHub page.
- Complete the form, then click Create account.
- Select GitHub Free for your personal account.
- Click Finish sign up.
- Navigate to Set up your Enterprise trial.
- Complete the form with your client's information.
- Click Create your enterprise.
- In the enterprise account sidebar, click Settings.
- Under Settings, click Billing.
- At the top of the page, click Buy Enterprise.
- Under "How often do you want to be billed?", select Pay yearly.
- Under "How many seats do you want to include?", type the number of seats your client wants.
- Under "Payment method", input your payment details.
- Click Complete GitHub Enterprise purchase.
Invite your client to become an enterprise owner. For more information, see "Inviting people to manage your enterprise."
In the enterprise account sidebar, click People.
Under " People", click Administrators.
Confirm that your client is listed as an enterprise owner.
To the right of your username, select the dropdown menu, then click Change role.
Select Billing manager, then click Change role.