Organization owners can restrict the ability to change repository visibility to organization owners only. For more information, see "Restricting repository visibility changes in your organization."
We recommend reviewing the following caveats before you change the visibility of a repository.
- GitHub Enterprise Server will detach public forks of the public repository and put them into a new network. Public forks are not made private.
- If you change a repository's visibility from internal to private, GitHub will remove forks that belong to any user without access to the newly private repository. The visibility of any forks will also change to private. For more information, see "What happens to forks when a repository is deleted or changes visibility?"
- Any published GitHub Pages site will be automatically unpublished.
- Anonymous Git read access is no longer available. For more information, see "Enabling anonymous Git read access for a repository."
Note: Os repositórios internos estão disponíveis com GitHub Enterprise Cloud e GitHub Enterprise Server 2.20+. Para obter mais informações, consulte os "Produtos do GitHub".
- Any forks of the repository will remain in the repository network, and GitHub Enterprise Server maintains the relationship between the root repository and the fork. For more information, see "What happens to forks when a repository is deleted or changes visibility?"
- GitHub Enterprise Server will detach private forks and turn them into a standalone private repository. For more information, see "What happens to forks when a repository is deleted or changes visibility?"
- No GitHub Enterprise Server, navegue até a página principal do repositório.
- No nome do seu repositório, clique em Configurações.
- Under "Danger Zone", to the right of to "Change repository visibility", click Change visibility.
- Select a visibility.
- To verify that you're changing the correct repository's visibility, type the name of the repository you want to change the visibility of.
- Click I understand, change repository visibility.