A license file has the
.ghl extension. It has an expiration date and controls the number of user accounts that can connect to your GitHub Enterprise appliance. Your license file can also be used to unlock the Management Console.
If your license expires:
- You won't be able to access your GitHub Enterprise appliance—except the Management Console—via a web browser.
- You won't be able to interact with your appliance via Git operations.
- You will be able to use command-line utilities to back up all your data.
- how many seats are in use
- how many seats are available
- when the license expires
If you have any questions, please contact our sales and account management team.