If your account uses a paid GitHub product or you are a member of an organization that uses a paid product, you can directly contact GitHub Support. If your account uses GitHub Free, you can speak to GitHub users and staff on the GitHub Support Community for most issues, and you can contact GitHub Support to report account, security, and abuse issues.
Providing GitHub Support with everything they need to understand, locate, and reproduce an issue will allow for a faster resolution and less back-and-forth between yourself and the support team. To ensure GitHub Support can assist you, consider the following points when you write your ticket:
- Obtain information that can help GitHub Support track, prioritize, reproduce, or investigate the issue.
- Include full URLs, repository names, and usernames wherever possible.
- Reproduce the issue if applicable and be prepared to share the steps.
- Be prepared to provide a full description of the issue and expected results.
- Copy exact wording of all error messages related to your issue.
- Determine if there is an existing ticket number in any ongoing communications with GitHub Support.
- Include relevant logs and attach any screenshots that demonstrate the issue.
- Navigate to the GitHub Support portal.
- Select the Account or organization dropdown menu and click the name of the account your support ticket is regarding.
- Select the From drop-down menu and click the email address you'd like GitHub Support to contact.
- Under "Subject", type a descriptive title for the issue you're having.
- Under "How can we help", provide any additional information that will help the Support team troubleshoot the problem. You can use markdown to format your message.
Helpful information may include:
- Steps to reproduce the issue
- Any special circumstances surrounding the discovery of the issue (for example, the first occurrence or occurrence after a specific event, frequency of occurrence, business impact of the problem, and suggested urgency)
- Exact wording of error messages
- Click Send request.