Usually, if someone deletes a repository, it will be available on disk for 90 days and can be restored via the site admin dashboard. After 90 days the repository is purged and deleted forever. If you place a legal hold on a user or organization, repositories they own are available for restore indefinitely.
- Sign in to your GitHub Enterprise Server instance at
- From an administrative account on GitHub Enterprise Server, in the upper-right corner of any page, click .
- If you're not already on the "Site admin" page, in the upper-left corner, click Site admin.
- Under "Search users, organizations, teams, repositories, gists, and applications", type the name of the user or organization in the text field. Then to the right of the field, click Search.
- In the search results, click the name of the user or organization.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Admin.
- Under "Legal hold", click Place legal hold.