Before you update GitHub Insights, you can check the version that you're currently using in the lower-right corner of any page.
The update process will take up to 10 minutes. During this time, users cannot access GitHub Insights.
To update GitHub Insights from 0.4.0+, you can install the latest version. GitHub Insights will ask to use the previous installation configuration.
- From the application server, navigate to the latest release of GitHub Insights on the Releases page for
- To download the latest release, under "Assets", click
- Unzip the directory.
- Run the shell script
- If SSL was previously enabled, GitHub Insights will find an existing SSL certificate. Enter "Y" to accept or "n" to change the SSL certificate or disable SSL.
- If SSL was previously enabled, GitHub Insights will find an existing SSL key. Enter "Y" to accept or "n" to change the SSL key.
- GitHub Insights will find an existing hostname. Enter "Y" to accept or "n" to enter a different hostname. The hostname is the same URL you used for the application server when creating the GitHub App.
- The installation will take a few minutes to run. When complete, you will see a message printed to the terminal.
Installation complete Run /opt/insights/scripts/start.sh to start GitHub Insights
- To start GitHub Insights, run the shell script
- If this is the first time starting GitHub Insights the script will take a few minutes to run. When complete, you will see a message printed to the terminal.
GitHub Insights is running!
GitHub Insights versions 0.3.1 or lower are incompatible with versions 0.4.0+. To update from GitHub Insights 0.3.1 or lower, install and configure GitHub Insights on a new application server.